Friday, October 11, 2013

Exploring

As a child I often wandered in the woods near my home enjoying the trees, animals,and the streams flowing. I spent hours exploring the wonders of nature. Children explore many things around them trying to make sense of the world around them.

I have thought much about how as adults we lose the sense of wonder. I question many things, particularly within the past decade or so. It seems that conformity is trumping critical thinking and curiosity. I am still as curious now as I was when I was a child. When I was a scout, I loved the two week camping trips we went to during the summer months. We learned so many things about the outdoors. I tended to wander off during my free time and enjoy my natural settings.

With my gendered life, I am free to explore and experiment. One aspect of my journey is to be open to new experiences.

No comments: