Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Russia's Anti-Gay Law

Russia's new anti-gay law could put a crimp into the upcoming winter Olympics. What it is that Russia is saying that they don't want 'gay propaganda' shared with people under eighteen years of age. Mr. Putin, Russia's leader, signed this draconian law. Any athlete or person, citizen or foreign, risks arrest if caught sharing anything about TGLB.

There have been calls to boycott the Olympics by some, others say a boycott would not have any benefit to anybody. What I see is that Russia is cracking down on the impact of TGLB people and organizations. When your leader is an ex-KGB agent I'm not all that surprised by the move. I wouldn't be surprised if some groups in the US are involved, but I'm not sure about this.     

What I'm concerned about is that my TGLB brothers and sisters are being harassed on a par in places like Africa, parts of eastern Europe, Turkey, and some Asian countries. Personally, I haven't decided if we should go to the Olympics or boycott it.

No comments: