Tuesday, December 04, 2012

December

December is here (so fast). This is usually an active month for me. Gatherings, a little shopping, sharing the joy of the season. This past Saturday, there was a Christmas Tree lighting celebration at church. Estimates of how many people came range between eight hundred and a thousand people.

This is also a time of reflection. I'm thankful about the many blessings  bestowed on many folks and on me.Many people will be alone. Some will be depressed. This is particularly true in the LGBT community. Many are estranged from loved ones and families. Bringing joy can be as simple as a smile, a card, a meal, or an invitation to a concert. 

 As the years pass I am reminded of the many people would have passed through my life. I have been  enriched by them and share some of the good tidings with others.     

No comments: