Thursday, August 13, 2009

Living an Open and Genuine Life

Reconciling my faith and gender identity was easy for me. I believed that God had created me this way. For many TGLB men and women this can be a torchorous ordeal. This past Tuesday a young man came to our bible study confused about how to be a Christian and live an authentic life as a gay person. Some of you may have been faced with this choice.

When I came out as transgender many of my ideas about gender and sexuality were turned upside down. I do believe that our sexuality and gender identity are inborn. I am a born again Chirstian who is transgender. When the bible is used to bash TGLB people I have to speak out. When anything is used to demean others I have to speak out.

We have every right to live our lives as anyone else. We have chosen to live our lives openly. I've chosen to be who I am regardless of what society thinks or says. I don't have to defend to anyone why I am the way I am. I have written a couple af articles about this very topic. One will be published in an online magazine next month. I'll let you know when it comes out.

Genevieve

8 comments:

Lori D said...

Cool, please let me know the link or send me a copy of the article!

Anonymous said...

Ah, the land of the free!
You have the right to free speech as long as you speak English.
---
best regards, Greg

Anonymous said...

Lady Gaga is probably my biggest guilty pleasure in music. I can't explain why I like her.
And you?

Anonymous said...

good morning ppl. I'm really into shoes and I was digging allowing for regarding that particular model. The prices due to the fact that the velcros were approximately 330 pounds on every page. But completely I set this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I really like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

hello bros. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking for the sake of that singular make. The prices due to the fact that the shoes are all over 320 pounds on every site. But for all I bring about this area selling them for half price. I absolutely like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase these. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good day ppl. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been digging as far as something that meticulous model. The prices for the sneakers were approximately 310 bucks everwhere. But completely I base this locate selling them for half price. I exceptionally like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good day dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I had been searching allowing for regarding that meticulous brand. The prices as regards the boots are all over 200 pounds on every site. But finally I bring about this location selling them for half price. I really want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy them. what can you tell me about these?