Thursday, June 26, 2008

Exploring Native American heritage

Currently, I am reading a book named 'Queering Creole Spiritual Traditions:Lesbian,Gay,Bisexual, and Transgender Participation in African-Inspired Traditions in the Americas'. I am African-American and have Native-American ancestry (Choctaw). I rememvber when my parents revealed to me as a boy that I have Native-American blood., I was very proud.

From time to time over the years, I would read about Choctaw Indians in the Americas. They are principally in the southeast section of the US. Since I am exploring my transgender identity more, I want to know if any of my relatives were transgender. I thimk that this may be a fulfilling of some Indian prphecy. I have always loved nature and the natural sounds of nature.

I have felt for many years that I was different. Coming out as transgender has completed and liberated me as a person. I seek a deeper meaning as to what this means and what my purpose is in this prophecy. I will contiinue to read this book and glean some things that may help in my discovery.

No comments: