Thursday, January 24, 2008

I'm following the debates as much as possible and I still am not sure who I will vote for. There are a number of issues that are of concern to me. Education, morality and family values, the economy to name of a few.

One of the dangers of selecting a candidate is to focus on only one issue. Yes, the candidate may be strong on one issue but weak on others. I have read where some folks are just focused on trans issues or the war or the economy. We need to remember is that the president has to deal with a number of issues. Our local politicians have more influence that the president does so maybe a little heat has to be put under their feet.

I also conclude that we have to become involved in the issues that concern us. We have to be willing to work, share with others, and voice our concerns. We must become so self absorbed that we don't see the needs of others. There's plenty to do. I'm sure there are those who would welcome our input and support.

No comments: