Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I hope to go out publicly for the the first time either this week or next week. I have my outfit in my mind that I want to wear. Either a denim skirt and top or a dress.

I am at the community center almost daily. Last Thursday or Friday I noticed a man standing across the street. He looked like we wanted to go in. I was hoping that he would take that step, but he continue onto his destination. I wonder how many men and women pass by the center and are dying to enter through those doors. For some reason, either out of fearof being found out, shame, or guilt they let another opportunity pass by. I wish that I could take them by the hand and lead them in. They don't have to feel isolated and alone.

Now that my support group is on hiatus, I have the opprtunity to explore some of the other trans events at the center. Some day I am going to go in as Gennee. That will be a highlight for me in that I am willing to put myself out there.

No comments: