Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Being Prepared

I went to the library today gathering poems for an upcoming radio program. I took note of all the time that goes into reading them, choosing the poems I'll use, and some history of the author. As I think about the concerns that transgender people have, it requires that same diligence.

I have never seen myself as an activist but I'm being drawn into it more out of necessity. There are a number of concerns that I have that I will be tackling. Doing my homework on the issues and aspects of being transgender is VERY important because when you have information (and lots of it), one can go on the offensive. Transgender people are making progress because we have decided to handle our own business. We've been thrown under the bus too many times. Lives have been affected in the process.   

No comments: